Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 2, 2019

The Right to Practice My Profession

Memo To: Representative Winter From: Gary W. Vollan L.D. 307-202-2636 P.O. Box 332, Basin, Wyoming 82410 cc: vollan@tctwest.net Date: January 12, 2019 Re: Denturists Right to Practice Representative Winter, please consider my plight. I have been educated and trained in the practice as a licensed Oregon denturist with a pathology endorsement. This training and education includes; · Four years in the U.S. Navy’s Class A Dental Program as a Vietnam Vet. · Two year Seattle Central Community College, Dental Lab Program. · Associates Degree from the Oregon Denturist College Program. · Associates Degree from George Brown College (Toronto, Canada) Denturist Program. · University of Wyoming Bachelor’s Degree. · Yearly required continuing education for the Oregon denturist license. I’m requesting your representation in submitting a house bill amending 33-15-101, to regulate and recognize qualified denturists and their right to practice. I feel this would be appropriate after four to five failed attempts by Wyoming legislators to gain independent practice for denturists. · My independent denturist practice was closed by order of state district court. · My request through the Wyoming State Supreme Court to continue to practice my profession was rejected. · My current 11 year employment, providing oral removable appliances with Dr’s Nelson, Page, Gilman, and Basse in Worland, Wyoming; due to limited needs of oral prostheses for the area population and I ventured out of the competitive area to other dental offices in Cody, Powell and Lovell for the past three years, being told by a dentist they didn’t want to hire me because they didn’t want to deal with the Board of Dental Examiners. Since the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners (as outlined in the ADA, American Dental Association’s Rules) has the state given power to keep me from practicing in what I’ve been trained and educated to do; like the dental hygienist profession, I feel the denturist profession has the same right to be included in the rules and regulations of the Wyoming Dental Practice Act, 33-15-101, giving dentists the right to hire qualified denturists without being intimidated by or in violation of the Dental Practice Act 33-15-101 and/or action by the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners, as my current employer had to deal with after hiring me. It would also open Wyoming for other qualified denturists to practice with dentists.

No comments: